THE GREAT CUT
2,000 Haircuts for kids who can't grow hair
Get Ready to Get Down
You can expect The Great Cut to be an event to remember. Our goal is an unmatched guest experience where you’ll have fun, meet good people, see what San Diego has to offer and feel welcomed like family—all while supporting an incredible effort to make a positive impact on the lives of others.
In short, it will be nothing less than extraordinary. Here’s what to look forward to:
Epic Venue - The Port Pavilion
The Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier is a cruise ship terminal, event venue and public gathering space overlooking the San Diego Bay.
- 52,000 sq foot cruise ship terminal on the Broadway Pier On The Embarcadero bordering downtown San Diego
- Easy rideshare pickup/dropoff or scooter access
- Near the USS Midway, Hornblower cruises, Seaport Village, Gaslamp and more
In & Out Flow
The Great Cut will feature all day entertainment, including live music spanning genres from reggae to rock & roll, dancing, comedy, magic, martial arts and more.
- Live entertainment from 8:30 AM - 10:00 PM
- 12 bands, mixed genres, magic, karate and more
- Emcee Jefferson Jay guiding us through the day
- 17,000 sq ft outdoor patio overlooking the San Diego Bay
- Main Stage, Food Trucks, Refreshment Area
- Craft beer & wine
- Signature cocktails themed for The Great Cut
The World Record Lounge
- 2nd floor dedicated to lounge, games and commiserating
- Air hockey, foosball, darts, pop-a-shot, arcade games TVs and more
- Friendly fun for all ages
- Crafts, games, music, yoga
- Drop your kids and know they’ll be in good hands!
Sponsors & Vendors
The Cutting Zone
- World record setting arena Cutting capacity for up to 3,000 haircuts in 12 hours
- Guinness World Records Weigh Station
- Watch the action from elevated walkway
Around San Diego
The Port Pavilion is located on the embarcadero on San Diego Bay at the edge of downtown, where there are a million things to do within walking distance or a short drive. We couldn't possibly list them all here so we'll simply direct you to the San Diego Tourism Authority.
Meet and Greet
St. Patrick’s Day
Planning Your Weekend
How to Travel
If traveling by air, fly into San Diego International Airport, close to the Port Pavilion, downtown, beaches and attractions.
Ridesharing and other local transportation is widely available.
If you are driving, head west and south. If you find yourself in Mexico or the Pacific Ocean you’ve gone too far.
Where to Stay
Lots of options serving all budgets and preferences. Our host hotel is the Porto Vista in Little Italy, about a mile from the venue. To get our group rate, click this reservation link and enter our Group Code: TGC03
If you’re coming with a group you might consider renting an Airbnb or similar. There are cool hostels downtown and by the beaches and hotels all around the city. Again, visit the San Diego Tourism Authority.
WHY YOU SHOULD BE THERE
Come to Sunny San Diego
Haven’t checked the long-term forecast, but pretty sure it’s gonna be 71 degrees. America’s Finest City is one of the top destinations in the US, with everything from beaches and palm trees to incredible food and drink, world famous attractions, raging nightlife and family fun.
Have a Great Time
You can expect a blockbuster weekend lineup, with longhair meetups and mixers, highlight reel activities and keynotes, hurricanes of hair whips, and of course the world record attempt.
This smash hit wouldn’t be complete without a roster of some of the most influential and important longhairs you’ll ever have the chance to meet. Talkin’ long hair and business.